Six Word Story Every DayBy the Branta Webcrawler • Apr 14th, 2011 • Category: Branta Recommends, Call for Submissions, Graphic Stories, In Brief, Typography
In 2010 designer Anne Ulku, and writer Van Horgen, created
Six Word Story Every Day (SWSED), a daily storytelling exploration
through language and typography. It was inspired by the work
Ernest Hemingway regarded as his greatest:
“For sale: baby shoes, never worn.”
We now happily invite the creative community to keep SWSED
alive by creating your own stories.
We would love for you to participate through your writing, design – or both.
Our hope is to encourage new friendships and collaborations along
with an opportunity to hone and showcase your immense talents.
Feel free to source your own collaborator.
If you need a designer or writer, just let us know.
- One story will be posted each day in 2011
- Stories need to be exactly 6 words and each word needs to be included in the design
- File dimensions: RGB, flattened JPG, 900 pixels by 675 pixels
- Send stories to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time
- Include story text, full names of designer and writer, website link(s) and twitter handle(s) if you’d like
- We will curate the submissions and email you if your story is posted on the site
- Have fun! Be original!
Keep telling stories,
Anne Ulku / @aulku / www.anneulku.com
Van Horgen / @go_van_go / www.superhumanbrands.com
Six Word Story Every Day / @swsed / email@example.com
Join our Flickr Group / http://www.flickr.com/groups/swsed/