Branta: The black geese of the genus Branta are waterfowl belonging to the true geese and swans subfamily Anserinae. They occur in the northern coastal regions of the Palearctic and all over North America, migrating to more southernly coasts in winter, and as resident birds in the Hawaiian Islands. A self-sustaining population derived from introduced birds of one species is also found in New Zealand; these are the only true geese ever to occur in the Southern Hemisphere in a wild (or rather feral in this case) state.
Branta is the wild (or rather feral in this case) online magazine/blog from Fredericton, New Brunswick publisher Goose Lane Editions. While it sometimes functions as a space to update news about and print work by GLE authors it is also an online space for writers, readers and art lovers of all genus.
Branta is looking for the following:
- Non-fiction essays (travel stories, reading anecdotes, thoughts about writing, odd findings from the life of the mind, diary entries).
- Reviews and Recommendations.
- Ideas on the brave new world of online writing (Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, online magazines) and opinions on what impact this is having on modern art.
- Creative work of short duration (Short Stories, Poetry, Videos, Photostreams… take advantage of the web-based possibilities).
- Miscellaneous Whatevers… since we are crossing boundaries between the blog, the magazine, the news feed and so forth, nothing that is interesting, funny, provocative or touching should be excluded.
Send submissions here:
Questions too. Hard ones.