Itís therefore our policy to:
- Give you choice and ask your consent over how your information is used and remove your name from our list should you ask us to do so.
- Not to sell, rent, or loan our customer list to third parties.
- Store customer files with personal information in a secure manner. We store such files in areas not accessible to web browsers, protected by passwords, or off-line.
- What personal information about customers does Gooselane.com/BTCAudio.com gather?
- What about cookies?
- Does Gooselane.com/BTCAudio.com share the information received?
- How secure is information about me?
- Which information can I access?
- What choices do I have?
- Conditions of use, notices, and revisions
1) What personal information about customers does Gooselane.com/BTCAudio.com gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Gooselane.com/BTCAudio.com. Here are the types of information that we gather:
- Information you provide: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You may choose not to provide certain information, but you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our Web site, and communicating with you.
- Automatic information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Gooselane.com/BTCAudio.com. Since we also maintain Web server logs to track usage of our Web site, we may track domain names, IP addresses, e-mail addresses, and browser types from people who visit our Web site. Such basic Internet traffic statistics are not correlated with any personal information.
- E-mail communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from us if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Discussion group participation: Information that you submit in a discussion group will be deemed to be published, public information and is therefore no longer confidential. Should you communicate personal and account information in such venues, it may be used by others and you should assess the risk before doing so. This includes your disclosure of information concerning your account profile, personal data, or other data obtained by use of the Goose Lane Editions/BTC Audiobooks Web site.
2) What about cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser, to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as personalized greetings and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
3) Does Gooselane.com/BTCAudio.com share the information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we're not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, processing credit card payments, and so on. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Government Officials: It may be necessary, from time to time, for us to disclose information to government officials or otherwise as required by law.
4) How secure is information about me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you enter.
- We reveal only the last four (4) digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It's important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you've finished using a shared computer.
5) Which information can I access?
Gooselane.com/BTC Audio.com gives you access to a range of information about your account and your interactions with Gooselane.com/BTC Audio.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our Web site evolves.
6) What choices do I have?
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of some of our services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Which information can I access?" section, above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
7) Conditions of use, notices, and revisions
If you choose to visit Gooselane.com/BTCAudio.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Customer Agreement, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the laws of the province of New Brunswick and the government of Canada. If you have any concern about privacy at Gooselane.com/ BTCAudio.com, please contact us, and we'll try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and our Customer Agreement will also change. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.