Will Starling gets starred review from Publishers Weekly
"While its themes of death, scientific perversion, classism and poverty may be dark as pitch, Weir's style and wit ensures the novel remains a boisterous, subversive romp." — Publishers Weekly
Click here to read the full review!
January 27, 2015
Join our team!
Goose Lane Editions is Canada's oldest independent publisher. For 60 years, we’ve ...
January 2, 2015
Goose Lane titles named best books of the year!
- Will Starling by Ian Weir was named to The Globe 100: The best books of 2014 by the Globe and Mail
- Prairie Ostrich by Tamai Kobayashi was named a Top Ten Book of 2014 by NOW Magazine
- Angular Unconformity by Don McKay was named a book of the year by Quill & Quire
- The M Word: Coversations about Motherhood, edited by Kerry Clare and The Walking Tanteek, written by Jane Woods were both named books of the year by Canadian Notes & Queries
- Will Starling by Ian Weir was named a favourite book of the year by The Vancouver Sun's book panel
Goose Lane Editions is saddened to learn of the passing of painting icon Jacques Hurtubise. Hurtubise, an award-winning Cape Breton-based artist, had an undeniable influence and effect on Canadian art during a career which spanned 50 years.
Mr. Hurtubise died at his home in Inverness on December 27, 2014.
(Click here to read the obituary from the Globe and Mail. Image from the Globe and Mail archives.)
20 hours ago
20 hours ago
Custom publishing and interpretive design services. See what we have to offer here.
How did Jonas get framed? Read the interview with book designer Chris Tompkins here.
Goose Lane Editions acknowledges the generous support of the Canada Council, the Government of Canada (Canada Book Fund), and the Government of New Brunswick.